Heritage Resorts - Stories 2018 - Issue 2 - Page 77



LE BATELAGE
The historic building was
used as a warehouse for the
surrounding sugar factories.
From 1890 to 1955, sugar was
transported from here to Port
Louis by sailboats. Nowadays,
the unloading wharf has been
restored and transformed into
a jetty for the local fishermen.
Le bâtiment historique servait
d’entrepôt pour les usines
sucrières avoisinantes. De 1890 à
1955, le sucre était transporté en
pirogues d’ici jusqu’à Port Louis.
Le débarcadère a été restauré et
sert de jetée pour les pêcheurs
locaux.

Paperturn



Powered by


Full screen Click to read
Paperturn flip book system
Search
Overview
Download as PDF
Print
Shopping cart
Full screen
Exit full screen